Something Feral

Digging up the flower-beds.


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stuff your tea and crumpets



The Sons of Liberty they ain't:
But a funny thing happened en route to a visually pleasing Tax Day protest. The National Park Service said the tea party protesters didn't have the proper permit to dump their bags.

So instead of a raucous visual demonstration, all that was left were images of the tea party packing up their boxes of tea on a cold, soggy day in D.C.

Doh!"

We have a million tea bags here, and we don't have a place to put them because it's not on our permit," said Rebecca Wales, lead organizer of D.C. Tea Party.

Fight the power, folks, but next time check your permits before acquiring 1 million tea bags.
I've had a few brief discussions amongst friends and acquaintances over the last week or so regarding the April 15th Tea Parties; I remained largely ambivalent about the protest until today, as I was only mildly curious about the turn-out both locally and nation-wide.

I have to say, I am not impressed. When you folks get serious about this, you know where I am.

4 comments:

Triton said...

That D.C. event qualifies as an epic fail.

The only exception is the guy who threw the box of tea on the White House lawn. He's the only one who seemed to have an idea of what he wanted to accomplish.

Something Feral said...

It's a start, but it's not enough (yet).

I can wait. If ever I believed in this government, I believed that they could find a way to make it fail, and when they do, we'll be here.

Mike said...

The very fact that one was organized in DC is incredible, Triton. If you've never lived here, you don't know how incredibly secular and left-wing DC is. The people who make up the DC "high society" are almost as bad as San Francisco if that's any indication.

Something Feral said...

Heh, "almost". Truer words...

I would not miss either of them if they disappeared tomorrow in a puff of fire and brimstone (or fairy-dust).