Something Feral

Digging up the flower-beds.


Friday, December 19, 2008

A smile and a prayer



Now, I'm far from the overly-sensitive type, and I'm aware that life isn't fair. Most of the time, life is a whole lot of gray drudgery between blissful moments, punctuated by pangs of crap.

That said, I will be mailing little Hannah a Christmas card tomorrow with a smile and a prayer.

The older I get, the more I realize that the happiest time in my life was when I was blissfully ignorant of the nature of evil in this world, and you can see that same bliss in her face.

There is no amount of money that would buy that kind of happiness.

1 comment:

Elusive Wapiti said...

Holy crap.

Ordinarily, I'd quote some movie in times like this like that one from Princess Bride:

"Life is pain. Anyone that tells you different is selling something".

But somehow that sort of flippancy just doesn't seem right.

My prayers are for Hannah, but even more so her father Darin and her siblings who have had so much trouble visit their lives.